Our Most Recent Newsletter is Here
Beware Phony IRS Debt Collection Scams
The Internal Revenue Service says millions of dollars have already been scammed from 3,000 victims. Here's what to watch for:
- Phone call as the first contact.
- You are unaware of an outstanding tax bill.
- Call is a recording or uses poor grammar.
- Demand of immediate payment over the phone.
- Threat of arrest if you don't comply.
If any of the above are true, or you are in any other way suspicious, the IRS advises you to just hang up. More information can be found by going to www.irs.gov and search "scam."